One-half block west of Lake Street on US 12 in Miller Beach, Indiana, Ed Doyne opened Doyne’s Home and Marine Supply. That was in 1955. Seven years later, in 1962, Ed expanded the business and opened up Doyne’s Marine Service Corporation in Portage, Indiana. Everyone came to know it as Doyne’s Marine. After 19 years of business, Ed closed the Miller store and focused on the Portage business. In 1987 Ed retired passing his business on to his son, Mike. On January 1, 1988 Mike officially changed the name to Doyne’s Marine Inc. This company has been in the family for 59 years. The eight-acre site we currently sit on is the same site Ed opened back in 1962. Family is the foundation of Doyne’s Marine and without it we would not be here today.